Friday 27 November 2015

1 week left! It's Monolith week!

We are counting the days until H.A.L arrives!
Next week on the 4th of December the album will be on sale worldwide! 
Fanweb Scandinavia will keep you updated straight from Copenhagen where the boys will play their new album!

If you want to join our party Tickets here

Robert made the 3rd review about Monolith, the first part of the trilogy of 'a Space Odyssey'

You can read it here below.

See some of you next week?




We`re almost there....HAL coming out soon....but first the review of album Nr.3...Monolith

Monolith is actually my first "encounter" with RanestRane....taking me back to the MW 2015 where they did the opening on Saturday for Marillion....I already got a slight hint from my beloved wife saying; I think you are going to like it....well...no need to discuss that
further.;-))
The thing that "stroke" me was first of all the music of course and looking at four guys playing wit a lot of passion but never "going over the top"....maybe hard to explain .....but sometimes I`m having a "hard time" with looking at and listening to musicians who want to "show off"....playing 1000 notes per second and so....but don´t get me wrong here....they are not making themselves an "easy job"..... not at all….

After a while someone started to sing...it took me a while to discover that it was the drummer doing the lead vocal.....Now as I said before.....I drum too...backing vocals OK, but lead vocal and drumming like Danny Pomo???  Not in this ”lifetime"....
Riccardo Romano plays his keys with such a "passion and joy" that its almost impossible not to ”dance"........
Maurizio Meo hits the "low tones" perfectly on the "spot" and Massimo Pomo is the kind of guitarist I really love......no easy stuff he`s playing but I really love his "way" of playing....always in "duty" of the music never stepping out of line....makes me think of people like David Rhodes in Peter Gabriels band ....well for me it was a "blast" this show and I was lucky to "bump" into the Pomo-brothers  the day after and have a chat with them...

Back to the music; Monolith is the first part of the trilogy based on Kubricks "2001: a space odyssey" ....and what RR did perfect ...."again".... is to "catch" the "atmosphere" of the movie. It’s a different kind of movie as Nosferatu and Shining its more about "space" and "high-tec" and so is the sound too, mainly Riccardo is playing more "spacey"....
The cd contains 6 tracks with "guest-appearances" of both Steve Hogarth and Steve Rothery (Marillion) on some tracks..which shows the "big-hearted" attitude of Massimo to let Steve do 2 of the solos....
Tracks 1,2,4 and 6 make their way on whatever "live set-list" easy....

There is a kind of "love and respect" between Marillion and RanestRane.....is RR like Marillion? No! Sure Riccardo loves them and plays in Rothers-band too, Massimo is a big fan of Rothers too!
But RanestRane sounds most likely like.....RanestRane...four nice guys blessed with the"gift of talent" who believe in what they do!!!
And yes...they do love Marillion and play their stuff when on tour with Rothery or played it with Hogarth in Rome!!!
And talking about the Rome-gig....someone said something to me before the gig and I`ll never forget that ;there is a "reason" why both Hogarth and Rothery love to play with RanestRane.....
I`ll leave it there......

I hope you enjoyed the reviews so far....next one will probably be about the RR-gig in Copenhagen on the 4th of December where I will try to "tackle" the guys for an" interview" too.... so enjoy the upcoming tour of the band and see you later!!


Robert.


No comments:

Post a Comment