Monday 7 December 2015

Halloween with RanestRane and the Steven Rothery Band

Hi all!

Last month the boys supported the Steve Rothery Band in 3 places, Russelheim, Uden and Cologne where the lucky places. Unfortunately we were not there but we asked our friends to keep us updated during these 3 days and asked them to surprise us with photo's and small reviews!

We enjoyed all updates and we will show some of them!

Marjo Klingenberg (Uden)

Most of the time, when you are going to a gig, you are not looking forward tot he support act, because it’s the main act you want to see. But there are a few exceptions and one of them is the amazing RanestRane. The first time I saw them was over a year ago in Ulft when they were touring with the SRB and it was a jaw dropping experience. Second time I saw them during the Marillion Weekend PZ 2015 and again they were fantastic. The third time, true magic happend on stage in Roma together with Steve Hogarth, and they lifted the whole gig to a ridiculous high level. 

And then there was last Saturday 31 October in Uden, again as support act fort he SRB, but to be honest, RanestRane has passed the status of being a support act by far now. Normally the venue isn’t full yet when a support act starts, but it was full in Uden. Most of the time people don’t stop their conversations when a support act starts playing, instead they start talking louder, but at the moment RanestRane started playing Semi, you could hear a pin drop. 
The whole performance was just amazing (again) and according to the response of the the crowd they agreed. 
Is it a problem they don’t sing in English? Well, music is emotion and the Italian language (for me) is passion and emotion in one, so for me it even gives an extra dimension to the allready awesome music. Therefore I hope they wil never change this and keep singing in Italian.


Daniele Pomo, Riccardo Romano, Massimo Pomo and Maurizio Meo are passionate musicians from the highest level and they are getting better every time I see them. I can’t wait to see them again on December 6th when they are going to perform their new album H.A.L. If you haven’t seen them live before just buy a ticket, you are in for a real treat from an awesome band, and they deserve to be seen and heard and they deserve a ‘SOLD OUT’ sign on the venue of De Pul Uden.


Paul Kooijmans gave us some shots of his phone :-) He told us the following:
I'm not known with this band, but I loved what I heard! They received a huge applause which was well deserved!







Marco Keijzer also shared a photo as he couldn't resist to not take a few quicksnaps! 
He told us the following: I'm neither so very known with this band, I think I miss a front person or so, I cannot explain what I miss, but the music is lovely to hear and I'm really looking forward to the next album Monolith part 2! ( We told him that H.A.L. will be the part 2 ;-) And that it will be released very soon!)



Carolien van Goethem told us the following:

This was the 3th time I saw Ranestrane and I really enjoyed it. I don't understand Italian but their atmosphic music and lyrics took me away to dreamy street again. I loved to see them enjoying themselves on stage together. I am looking forward too their new album and hope too see them 6 dec in Uden again 









Christine Westbroek wrote us the following:

A Halloween night with RanestRane
Usually people try to scare the hell out of you at Halloween but this year I had a quite other experience. 
As a supportact for the Steven Rotheryband we got to see the Italian band RanestRane.
Four very nice guys who clearly enjoy to collaborate together and who performed the music from their first album Monolith, part 1 of a serie of three called A Space Odyssey.

On this night we heard the atmospheric and sometimes haunting sounds from the trip through space. 
Sometimes I got a feeling that I would like to hear some more vocals but on the other hand I think that they let us experience the emptiness and loneliness of space.
The compositions are really nice and the solo’s give space to all instruments and are showing the skills of all 4 bandmembers. 
I have to admit that I am not a great fan of supportacts because I have seen too many of them that I did not like at all but the 40 minutes RanestRane was playing were flying by and I really would have loved to hear more of them. 
Instead of scaring me they made me feel really happy that night. 
If you want to see this great band too then get your chance and go to see them in The Pul in Uden on 6 December. You are really in for a treat and you’ll get to hear more of them because this time they are not supporting an other band but playing a full gig. Don’t miss it!

Even our friend Kim Hostrup Hansen from Denmark went to one of the gigs! He went to Cologne and surprised us with a review and photo's! Even a familiar face of our Italian friend Irene! Hi dear Irene! :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment